An official website of the United States government

U.S. Visa Services
Visit the United States

Visa Navigator

Need assistance with a U.S. visa? Contact us through our Visa Navigator

What is a Visa?

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport.

Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program, which is administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The Visa section of this website is about U.S. visas for foreign citizens and nationals to travel to the United States. Visit Travel.State.gov for additional information.

Note: U.S. citizens do not need a U.S. visa for travel to the United States. When planning travel abroad a U.S. citizen may need a visa issued by the embassy or consulate of the country they wish to visit.

What Type of Visa Do You Need?

For short-term visits to the United States (for tourism, business, education, and more), you can go directly to the online application (form DS-160). For immigrant visas,  which are issued to foreign nationals who intend to live and work permanently in the United States, you can visit the U.S. citizenship and Immigration Services site for the relevant forms.  If you are unsure what type of visa you need, please use the Visa Wizard below.

Visa Waiver Program

Croatia has been formally designated as the 40th member of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) system is now available for Croatia.

If you are a citizen of Croatia planning to travel for business or tourism, please consider using the ESTA website instead of applying for a visa using this website. Visitors applying for entry under the Visa Waiver Program are allowed to remain for a maximum of 90 days. Travelers must meet certain requirements and have a valid ESTA approval prior to travel. Visitors who enter the United States through the VWP cannot change status or extend their duration of stay. Travelers coming to the United States under the VWP cannot work or study. If you plan to stay for more than 90 days, or if you intend to study or work in the United States, you MUST obtain a visa before traveling. Overstay consequences are severe; make sure you know the rules before you travel. You can find more information at the websites of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State.

Our Locations
The map below shows where we provide consular services.
Colorado Sand Dunes