Report and Replace a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport

If your passport is lost or stolen, you are advised to report the loss/theft to the local Croatian police in the area where it occurred. In order to replace the passport, you must appear personally at the Embassy. You should submit your application for a replacement passport as soon as possible after the loss or theft is discovered.

Following are the instructions for obtaining a replacement passport:

Call to Make an Appointment

We can be reached at +385-1-661-2300 during working hours and/or email us at

Bring the Following to Your Appointment

  • A copy of the police report filed in the area where the loss or theft occurred. This is very important.
  • Completed passport application DS-11 (Please do not sign the application, you will be asked to do that in front of a consular officer).
  • Statement for Lost/Stolen passport DS-64
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship: Certified birth certificate; or Consular Report of Birth Abroad; or Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship.
  • Proof of identity: Driver license; or State or other photo ID card.
  • Photos: Please submit one color photo taken within the past 6 months, 2″ X 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) size with white or off-white background. Digital photos are not generally acceptable. There is a photo machine in the waiting room of the Consular Section which can take photos for a fee of 40 Kuna (payable in Kuna only).
  • Fee: The fee for an adult passport is $145, the fee for a minor passport is $115. Payment may be made in U.S. Dollars, Croatian Kuna or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club). Personal checks are not accepted.