Here you can find detailed information on how to renew your U.S. passport:
- Adults, please read below.
- Adults (if last passport was obtained before the age of 16 and/or last passport was issued over 15 years ago), please read further under the Apply for Your First U.S. Passport (Adults) tab.
- Minors, please review information under the Apply for Your First U.S. Passport (Children) tab.
Passport Renewal – Adults
You may apply for your passport by following the instructions on this page if:
- You can submit your most recent U.S. passport book with this application; and
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport book was issued; and
- You were issued your most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago; and
- Your most recent U.S. passport book that you are renewing has not been lost, stolen, mutilated, or damaged; and
Your most recent U.S. passport was not limited from the normal ten-year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation, multiple passport thefts/losses, or non-compliance with 22 C.F.R. 51.41; and
- You use the same name as on your most recent U.S. passport book, or
- You have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name change.
If all the above applies to you, please make an appointment online to renew your passport.
Please Bring to Your Appointment:
- Application Form: Complete a passport application DS-82 for adult renewals.
- Photo: Submit one color photograph taken within the past 6 months, 2″ X 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) size with white or off-white background. Digital photos are not generally acceptable. There is a photo machine in the waiting room of the consular section which can take photos for a fee of 40 Kuna (payable in Kuna only).
- Fee: $110.00. Payment may be made in U.S. Dollars, Croatian Kuna. Additionally, you may pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club). Personal checks are not accepted.
- Most recent U.S. passport book.
- Legal evidence of name change, if applicable.
Alternatively, U.S. citizens may submit qualifying passport renewal applications, minus payment, by registered mail (preporučeno pismo) to:
Embassy of the United States of America
Consular Section / Passport Services
Thomasa Jeffersona 2
10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Payment of Passport Fees
Passport fee payments must be made in person at the Embassy either by you or someone you designate. Upon receipt of your passport application, we will contact you to schedule an appointment to pay the fee. Appointments are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 11 a.m.
Processing usually takes 7-10 calendar days. Passports are processed at the National Passport Center and sent to the U.S. Embassy in Zagreb via express mail.