Location: All of Croatia
Event: The U.S. government remains concerned that terrorists are intent on targeting U.S. citizens, including children. Terrorists may employ a variety of tactics, such as violent assaults and kidnappings. In the past they have used knives, guns and vehicles as ramming devices. They may target schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, transportation hubs, and other public venues.
Actions to take:
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations and transportation hubs.
- Review travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability.
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Report social media threats to local authorities.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Croatia located at Thomasa Jeffersona 2 in Zagreb, Croatia at +385 1 661 2200 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +385 1 661 2200.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except S. federal holidays).
- Visit the Embassy webpage.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.