Here you can find detailed information on how to renew your U.S. passport:
- Adults, please read below.
- Adults (if last passport was obtained before the age of 16 and/or last passport was issued over 15 years ago), please read further under the “Apply for a Passport” tab.
- Minors, please review information under the “Minor Applicants” tab.
Passport Renewal – Adults
You may apply for your passport by following the instructions on this page if:
- You can submit your most recent U.S. passport book with this application; and
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport book was issued; and
- You were issued your most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago; and
- Your most recent U.S. passport book that you are renewing has not been lost, stolen, mutilated, or damaged;
- Your most recent U.S. passport was not limited from the normal ten year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation, multiple passport thefts/losses, or non-compliance with 22 C.F.R. 51.41;
- You use the same name as on your most recent U.S. passport book, or
- You have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name change.
If all of the above applies to you, please submit your passport for renewal as follows:
Complete a passport application DS-82 for adult renewals.
Submit one color photograph taken within the past 6 months, 2″ X 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) size with white or off-white background. Digital photos are not generally acceptable. There is a photo machine in the waiting room of the consular section which can take photos for a fee of 40 Kuna (payable in Kuna only).
$110.00. Payment may be made in U.S. Dollars, Croatian Kuna. Additionally, you may pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club) if you are applying in person. Personal checks are not accepted.
U.S. citizens submitting passport renewal applications by mail must send the exact change in U.S. dollars through Croatian post offices registered mail (Vrijednosno pismo) to:
Embassy of the United States of America
Consular Section / Passport Services
Thomasa Jeffersona 2
10000 Zagreb, Croatia
You are required to make an appointment to submit your passport application in person.
Please note that processing times for passport renewal are the same, regardless of method of submitting your passport application. Processing usually takes 7-10 calendar days. Passports are processed at the National Passport Center and sent to the U.S. Embassy in Zagreb via express mail.