Please follow the instructions on this page if:
- You (or your child) are under the age of 16; and
- You are able to submit the applicant’s most recent passport with the application.
If the above applies to you, please apply for renewal as follows:
- Make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Zagreb. Please note that both parents need to be present and give their consent in order for a passport to be issued. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent both parents from appearing together, the absent parent must sign and submit Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Completed passport application DS-11. Please do not sign the application for your child, you will be asked to do it in front of a consular officer.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship:
- Previous U.S. passport; or a certified birth certificate; or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad; or a Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Present evidence of child’s relationship to parents/guardians (for minors under age 16)
- Certified U.S. birth certificate (with parents’ names); or a certified foreign birth certificate (with parents’ names and translation, if necessary); or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) (with parents’ names); or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) (with parents’ names); or Adoption Decree (with adopting parents’ names); or a court order establishing custody; or a court order establishing guardianship.
- Parental identification (for minors under age 16). Each parent or guardian must submit one of the following:
- Valid driver’s license; or a valid official U.S. Military ID; or a valid U.S. Government ID; or a valid U.S. or foreign passport with recognizable photo; or a naturalization/citizenship certificate from USCIS with recognizable photo; or a Alien Resident Card from USCIS.
- Please submit two identical color photos taken within the past 6 months, 2″ X 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) size with white or off-white background. Digital photos are not generally acceptable. There is a photo machine in the waiting room of the consular section which can take photos for a fee of 40 Kuna (payable in Kuna only).
- The fee for a passport for a minor child is $115. Payment may be made in U.S. Dollars, Croatian Kuna or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club). Personal checks are not accepted.