The U.S. Embassy in Zagreb informs U.S. citizens residing in or traveling through Europe that travel may be delayed or disrupted across the region, including via land borders. We urge U.S. citizen travelers to carry a valid passport and visa or residency card, if applicable, at all times. Please monitor local media reports for up-to-date information regarding border controls in the country you are visiting and consult your travel company regarding disrupted travel. For questions regarding your immigration status in any European country, please contact the embassy or consulate of the country you are transiting or visiting.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Croatia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Croatia, located at Ulica Thomasa Jeffersona 2, at +385-1-661-2345 8:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +385-1-661-2400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.