The U.S. Embassy in Croatia uses DHL to mail back U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA), and Consular Reports of Death Abroad (CRODA) to applicants as an alternative to document pickup at the embassy. If you choose the mail-back option, it is your responsibility to provide the DHL waybill to Consular staff. Once Consular staff receive the waybill, we will assemble the package with your passport/CRBA/CRODA and give it to DHL for delivery.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR U. S. VISA APPLICANTS: This option is NOT AVAILABLE for visa mail back. Please DO NOT attempt to schedule your visa mail back using this option.
Applicants are notified by email when their documents are ready for pickup or shipment. IMPORTANT: Do not purchase the waybill before your documents are ready to ship. The DHL waybill must be purchased online; DHL does not currently offer this service to private individuals at its store locations in Croatia.
- Go to https://www.dhl.hr/en/express.html.
- Select “Create New Shipment” under Get Started Now.
- On the Create Shipment Page, enter the U.S. Embassy’s information in the “From” field:
- Name: Consular Section
- Company: U.S. Embassy
- Adress: Ulica Thomasa Jeffersona 2, 10010 Zagreb
- Email: ZagrebACS@state.gov
- Phone: +385 (01) 661 2300
- Shipment Details: Choose “Documents” and then select either “passports” or “certificates” as appropriate.
- Select Packaging: Choose “Express envelope” from the drop-down options menu.
- Payment method: options are Credit Card, Debit Card, or Direct Debit.
- Shipment date (“I’m sending my shipment on”) : DHL pickups occur on weekdays, excluding Croatian and American holidays . Consular staff need 24-hour notice to assemble the package, excluding weekends and holidays. Please select the next available workday that meets the 24-hour notice criteria.
- Pickup information (Do you need a courier pickup?”):
- Where: Select “Back Door”
- Please do not adjust the Pickup Window
- After you complete the payment process and receive the waybill, please email the waybill to ZagrebACS@state.gov.
DHL will make three delivery attempts before the document is returned to the U.S. Embassy. If the document is returned, you will need to purchase a new waybill for delivery.