Event: As of March 23, 2020, the government of Croatia has prohibited intercity travel to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Zagreb Airport currently remains open, but this is subject to change without notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
While there are no current plans to evacuate U.S. citizens at this time, please email U.S. Embassy Zagreb, if you are outside of the City of Zagreb and trying to return to the United States. In your email, include the following information:
- Full name
- U.S. passport number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- A photograph of the biographical information page of your passport
- Any travel restrictions (quarantine or self-isolation orders)
Visit the COVID-19 website of Croatian Government for information on measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, or contact the COVID-19 call center by dialing 113 from a Croatian phone.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Croatia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U. S. Embassy Zagreb, Croatia
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Croatia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.