These programs are administered in Croatia by the U.S. Embassy, in cooperation with the Ministry of Science, Education, and Sports.
Fulbright Fellowship Program
The flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Government, widely known as the Fulbright Program, is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. With this goal as a starting point, the Fulbright Program has provided more than 234,000 participants, chosen for their leadership potential, with the opportunity to observe each others’ political, economic and cultural institutions, exchange ideas, and embark on joint ventures of importance to the general welfare of the world’s inhabitants.
The Fulbright Program was established in 1946 under legislation introduced by former Senator J. William Fulbright of Arkansas. The Fulbright Program is administered by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State.
- Postdoctoral and Predoctoral Programs – Applications
- Fulbright Specialist Program
- Fulbright Schuman Scholarship Program
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Want to know more about Fulbright? See Fulbrightweb.org.
Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Initiative: Summer Institutes for Youth
We are pleased to announce summer institutes for young Americans, Europeans, and Central Asians under the Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Initiative. This initiative is intended to foster relationships among the younger generations of Europeans, Central Asians and Americans in order to advance the global freedom agenda; to build relationships between European and American youth; and to promote awareness of shared values in light of the global challenges of the 21st Century.
The Summer Institutes will enable teenagers ages 16-18 to participate in an intensive exchange program in the U.S. that focuses on the global issues that youth face on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. Students will participate in a variety of activities such as training sessions, workshops, community-based programs, study tours, and cultural events. Participants will together prepare a joint project that promotes the stated goals and objectives of the Initiative.
For detailed information and application forms please visit our latest announcements.
- 2018 Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellow Summer Institute | October 26, 2017 - We are pleased to announce the U.S. Embassy is offering scholarships for highs school students from Croatia to attend a summer institute. Applications are open until January 19, 2018.
- 2017 Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellow Summer Institute | December 14, 2016 - We are pleased to announce the U.S. Department of State is offering scholarships for highs school students from Croatia to attend a summer institute. Applications are open until February 20.