Event: This message contains information on the current status of passport applications and flights out of Croatia.
Passports and Citizenship Services: The U.S. Department of State’s passport operations have been severely limited by COVID-19. U.S. Embassy Zagreb is still accepting appointments for passports and citizenship services, but the processing and delivery of those documents are significantly delayed. Please consider waiting to apply until we resume normal operations. Emergency passport services are still available at U.S. Embassy Zagreb.
If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. Contact U.S. Embassy Zagreb to check on the status of your passport or citizenship document such as a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).
Flight Availability: Currently there is only one flight leaving Croatia daily. Croatian Airlines is operating the daily flight from Zagreb to Frankfurt; Frankfurt has onward flights to the United States. Please review this information about transiting Frankfurt Airport. Croatian Airlines’ website currently announces outbound flights roughly 48-72 hours in advance.
If you are outside the City of Zagreb and have questions about transiting to the Zagreb airport due to the current intercity travel ban, please contact the U.S. Embassy.
Please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest updates and security alerts.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Croatia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Zagreb, Croatia
Ulica Thomasa Jeffersona 2
10010 Zagreb, Croatia
Email address: ZagrebACS@state.gov
Embassy Zagreb website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Croatia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram.